Tuesday 4 December 2012

STILL COUNTING

In the days of police cuts ,council cuts etc it must have cost us Lancashire a small fortune on Sunday for the policing bill. It was OTT of the highest order . Yes it was safe but bloody hell fire you would have thought it christ v anti christ.
Remember this if you take the time to read ,the game started at 12.30 and finished about 2.30 . My day started at 7.30, yes 7.30 FIVE hours before kick off for a game 8 miles from home. I set off with my passport and  inoculations proof just in case. The M65 resembled the car chase in Blues Brothers. It was awash with riot vans ,police dog vans ,police bikes and above the motorway we were also covered by helicopters.
I got to Chorley and picked my lad up who was attending the Turd for the first time .He made an impression on his new neighbours as at 8am he was singing"Henning Bergs blue n white army!" at full voice on his new street.GOOD LAD.
We then went up to my old stomping ground where I used to live and pick my nephew and his mate up.They had been up since 6am and on the ale.I was soon informed to shut up as i was worse than them last time we played our six fingered friends. I was driving so as to stay sober and look after my lad just in case.
Ewood was the forced destination and a bacon butty and sausage was need and how they took the you know what as i scoffed two and how I laughed when hours later they were all starving. We got on the coach and waited and waited and waited some more. As we set off one lad had gone for a toilet break and we moved ,he ran like Mo and tried to catch us ,he did well and in vain as we didn't stop.The story is funny now as he was allowed on another one .
We passed Padiham at 20 mph and we then all set our watches back by 15 years to the land that time forgot time. ..All the Dingles must have still been in bed as it was so quite , it must have too early for the social grabbers to get up as it was before 1pm. We got a ham shankers sign once and that was from a 5 year old social misfit.
We arrived at the Dingle Dome and apparently we got filmed by the BBC news and our sexy mushes were on Look Northwest. We found our seats whilst the nephew bought a beer or two and how the Burnley fans proved yet again that the inbred dingle title as they looked like rejects from the rejects of shameless. They really are crazy frothing folk.
To the game .....first half SHIT
second half brought an improvement and how we celebrated Rhodes goal, I don't think I've ever seen celebrations like it.I was nearly in tears as just before we scored my late dad used to throw a POLO on the floor and we would score and I threw a chewing gum to the floor and we scored just after .Although the special folk celebrated a last minute equaliser like they had won the world cup.Even after the game they folded five fingers away and the remaining one on each hand they made a victorious 1-1 sign .
When we got back on the coaches we saw fences like in Belfast or in the middle east .We still travelled back at 20 mph and by the time i got home after dropping everyone off it was nearly 6pm .a day of nearly 12 hours for a 2 hour game 8 miles away ...crazy....but ...but

THEY WILL NEVER BEAT THE ROVERS.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I see what you did there, irony.
    "and how we celebrated Rhodes goal, I don't think I've ever seen celebrations like it......Although the special folk celebrated a last minute equaliser like they had won the world cup"

    ReplyDelete