Monday 25 June 2012

Geared Up?

I'm sat here watching Neighbours (as Ive done for 25 years .....mock away!!!) and one of the actors has a Glasgow Celtic shirt on and it got me thinking about how everyone gets their hands on what they want and how its changed since I became a Bronco fan in 1982. For what started as a few highlights on C4 has now turned into an obsessive  like hobby.
Cutting a long story short I picked my team based on relatives in the Denver area who were ardent fans and from there it was an addictive Mile High so to speak. I then got the bug and of course when a bug starts you need merchandise and things that a real sports must have.
The next thing is then working out how you can get an Elway or just a Bronco Tee-shirt from the thousand miles of pond water. Now thinking back to those "old fashioned" days without the Internet ,I wonder how life ever existed.You had no idea what was on offer or what fans wore to games. How did I do it back then ,well I waited until my Grandma flew over there and hoped she would bring me a Bronco souvenir back .
It then developed into tee shirts ,caps ,hoodies and cups. Then as the Internet slowly but surely developed and websites for Bronco fans started being born then the Bronco needs become more and more.I went to Phoenix around 1999 (i think) and there I found a shop in a mall that sold NFL stuff .It was there I purchased my first jersey ..ROMANOWSKI. I wore it everywhere and the friends I had who like the NFL were all jealous I had a jersey.
Nowadays the world for long distance fans of any team or sport for that matter is a click away. Ive purchased stuff off eBay ,I still get my mum to get me jerseys ,hell I had her chase everywhere for an orange Tebow jersey last year, Ive stumbled on gear in TKmax of all places and my last and proudest possession is now a #18 orange Manning jersey which I got from Mike on the NFL MERCHANDISE UK and now I'm ready to have day out in the sunshine where I can gloat and show it off like a big baby ,heck I may even wear it over my bike jacket next time I go for a ride. I'm even thinking of having a BRONCOBLUE 69  one made up haha.
How do you all get your stuff ,if your a long distance fan ? is it a similar story to mine or do you have any other ways you would like to share and by other ways I don't mean mugging someone :)..
AND DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT http://www.overseasorangearmy.co.uk ...THE SITE FOR LONG DISTANCE OR OVERSEAS BRONCO FANS. IT ALSO HAS A REGULAR LINK UPS TO THE LATEST NFL RUMOURS AND NEWS.EVERYONE WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment