Sunday 29 April 2012

THE DRAFT FROM AFAR

I swapped shifts and was then able to watch,you see 1am starts are not good from this side of the pond. I got Stella, JD and peanuts all ready in anticipation . The Mrs went to bed and I got ready for ESPN (one of the main reasons I subscribed) only to find it wasn't on ESPN .To say I was not happy is an understatement. However thanks to the power of streaming's I managed to find some good links and whey ho away we go. The beers went down and Luck was surprisingly picked #1 and RGIII #2 .well I say surprisingly but it it surprised me it took them so long as they were both locked in nailed on gimmes. The anticipation grew, as it does for you now, if you don't know who we got  and the drama of pick #25 approached. The players people wanted around the Internet came and went and then it came 2 picks to go and we drafted..............................



oooops no we didn't we traded down.
so another beer was opened and another little Jack slug was poured ah well we pick at the end of the day.It was groundhog morning ha ha , the beers poured ,the anticipation grew and guess who we drafted ..........



ooops no we didn't we traded down .
The upshot was this, I missed a days overtime , I got drunk and then I went to bed at 6am with 0,zero,zilch picks in the bag and then at 830am the builders came in the house and I was up two and half hours later ,still drunk and very tired and then all day hangover arrived.
Anyway, the following nights we picked and I think overall we did very well and after google ,you tube and wikki read ups I think ,honestly, if everything works out we have the core of a very good rebuild.
Ok changing this around about a bit, I was chatting with a mate the other day  and I was asked do the universities get paid for the kids they get in the NFL or is there a fund that subsidises this and you know what i have no idea about this. If you know feel free to comment either in the comments or in the overseasorangearmy message board.

1 comment: