Sunday 22 July 2012

WHY?

After the tragic sad events in Denver a few days ago ,I find myself wondering why is it people are fascinated by guns. Personally Ive only ever fired a gun on one occasion and that was when I was fifteen (many years ago). I had visited my family in Glenwood Springs and I remember it vividly as my Uncle took his guns to the firing range. It was good, yes, but it never wanted me to go out and buy one.
The big difference between England and USA is gun attitude,Ive no idea on the politics of gun laws in either country and nor do I really care if I'm honest ,each to their own I suppose. Is it down to the "glory" of the old cowboys ? In England if you have a gun in the house in the UK then you are going to get in a lot of trouble off the Police. In the USA ,perception appears to be (sterotypically) if you don't have one you are a freak.I don't know if this is a fair view or just a biased view.
What drives these "crazies" to go on wild murdering mass murdering shooting sprees? Are guns so easy to get in America ?Are there rules? I can understand people who go hunting with guns for food for the freezer in winter ,that has rational reasons .I can understand people who grow up in  and around a gun environment and want to fire guns but why not just go to a range?
Its so sad how many people die with the gun, what actually causes someone to flip over the edge. Is it video games, poverty, mental issues or what ? Mind you its not just USA that has these issues,look at Norway and the evil shooter that killed all those kids or Dunblane here.
If this doesn't make people sit up and take action then I sure has hell have no idea what will.What has the world become where one needs a gun in your trousers just to "protect".
I'm not a church goer but Ive prayed all weekend for the families who have lost loved ones and its so wrong that all these folk were doing was watching a movie. Anyone who has a gun I think now needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves ...why.

No comments:

Post a Comment